Halo from my beautiful island of Efate! I love you all so very much. I can feel your strength and I can feel your prayers. I’m so grateful to have such a wonderful family.
This week has been a great week. I am again reminded how grateful I am for the gospel blong Jisas Kraes inside of my life.
So this week..
1. We got to help a mama wash. Her name is Eugenie she has a little two year old and a newborn. It was a delight to be able to serve.
2. Exchanges with Sista Elisara (she is from Samoa.) She is the first in her family to serve a mission and her family joined the jos when she was twelve. Her humility and kindness inspire me.
3. Earthquake! There was a little earthquake the other day. Not really any damage but enough to make Sista Papel and I hide under our kitchen counter. Exciting!
4. We had the most incredible Stake conference. Elder Cardon and his companion spoke about ministering and how The Doctrines stay the same but the application and the principles are adjusted. I loved it! It gave me a different perspective on missionary work, that we are ministers. We are full time ministers getting to help people. So cool!
5. Yesterday while walking to story with mama Thelma we met a group of men. Usually we tend to avoid them but one papa sang out “Ay hem ia mormons!” So we talked with them. They had just come back from the studio working on their newest gospel album (lucky gooses!) It was so fun to relate the restoration to piecing together a band and how if you don’t have one member of the band it isn’t complete. The performance isn’t as great as it could be, but when we have all the pieces the performance and the band is complete. Olsem gospel blong Jisas Kraes. All the pieces had to be restored to be complete. and they have! They have been restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith! How lucky are we.
I love you all so very much! I hope you have a wonderful week!