My dear sweet family Halo!!
Hope you are having an incredible day. First to answer all of your wonderful questions…
- My companion is incredible. Her name is Sister Moana she is originally from New Zealand. However, she spent twelve years in Australia (where her family lives now.) and the last two years in Canada.
- As a Sister Training Leader we get to help all of the sisters feel welcomed and ensure that they have everything that they need. There are incredible sisters in this MTC!
- A normal day in the MTC starts out by waking up at 6:30 in the morning, jumping out of bed, and heading down to the cafeteria to have fresh food from New Zealand everyday. It’s so good! We have fish about every three days. I’m learning to love it… slowly but surely! After breakfast we plan for about thirty minutes and study. Somewhere in between everything we exercise. I love it! We also are in classes for nine hours everyday. It’s crazy! There is so much to learn.
- My favorite thing is learning about the gospel every single day. This is exactly where I need to be.
- Sometimes we have devotionals instead of exercising. I’ll want to be outside but I know I need to study and that studying is always a blessing in disguise
Thank you so much for all of the sweet prayers and kind words. It gives so much encouragement and brings an additional light into my day.
My wonderful family. I’m establishing this whole system of writing emails and know it will change. I’ll give you the top 10 things that happened this week.
- We arrived to the MTC. As I walked through the doors It felt like finishing a race. I’d been looking forward to this for the last four and a half months and this moment was finally here.
- I learned that I don’t know everything, I know enough.
- I learned that teaching by yourself is extremely difficult but when you allow the spirit to be the teacher you and the child of God you are teaching learn so much more.
- Enough of the ten things.
I love many aspects of the MTC. I didn’t realize that you are studying and in classes for nine hours a day! I have learned so much and can’t wait to learn more. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and he loves each and every one of you. This week we had the opportunity to attend the New Zealand temple. On the bus ride there my incredible companion, Sister Moana, (like the movie) told me she is Maori. She talked about her ancestors and how their history is her history. We passed a mountain (Mounga?) where her ancestors were buried and had a moment of silence for them. I love how important family is in the south pacific. The temple was incredible and I can say that this church is True and God loves his children.
I encourage you all to read The Book of Mormon. This book can help you will any problem and answer any question you have.
My district is incredible. Half of us are from Utah and the other half are from all around the world (Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand,)
I love this gospel and am so grateful for the opportunity to learn in the School of the Prophets. Read 2 Nephi 4: verse 20. God will always be there for us and he will never leave our side.
I love you all so much. Thank you for you love and support.
You are all amazing.
God loves you. I love you.
p.s. We can’t send pictures in the MTC. You’ll see some in the next few weeks